[Savannah-register-public] [task #14667] Submission of Advanced Gtk+ Seq

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14667] Submission of Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer Library
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:30:22 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #30, task #14667 (project administration):

> Either they have a valid copyright and license notice or otherwise stated
here:

> http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/gsequencer.git/tree/README?h=2.0.x#n50

Notes like "licensed under the terms of GNU GPLv3+" are not clear enough,
could you use a form recommended <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html>
by the GNU project?

Some files like docs/images/ags_ffplayer.png still lack copyright notices, and
the form of the "copyright notice" for the others is not valid, like
"copyright provided by Stefan Sauer", please check what a copyright notice
should look like
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html>. (Note
that the README file should be located in the same directory as the files
whose notices it includes.)

I'm sorry I have to cite these documents since you must had read them before
you offered your package for the GNU project.

> Just found 4 files without any:
> But only this one is included in the tarball:

Why are the 3 other included in VCS? Strictly speaking, you distribute them.
Why do you make your repository technically undistributable?

http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/gsequencer.git/tree/ags_functional_notation_edit_test.xml?h=2.0.x

> It is a file produced by GSequencer and used by the unit-tests.
> I think mention it in the README would be fine because the
> application doesn't support adding license notes.

I agree.