Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13613] Submission of Back in a Min

From: info
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13613] Submission of Back in a Minute
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 00:09:26 +0200

Hi!

We have taken your good advice to heart, and implemented code and license headers into each project file. We have also re-licensed our CC NC-SA to the relatively more GPL compatible CC BY-SA. We are not convinced the Savannah is the right place for the Biamin project at the moment though. We're currently hosted at github, and I realize and respect that Savannah doesn't want to be a "backup" for projects, so feel free to close this request/account.

What we (the people) need is a user friendly and web hook accessible git repository that has feature parity with popular alternatives, and I hope the GNU Savannah will be the #1 choice for these projects in the future. The capabilities of the Savannah are not currently properly explained if there at all. Therefore we have decided not to use Savannah at junction.

However, I feel we need to say that yours is a truly admirable project. We used gitorious since it was F/OSS friendly and came recommended by the GNU World Order (a genuine Free Software podcast). Gitorious was handed over to gitlab, and since github had better support for gitorious-like features, we went with it. We would have loved to be GNU hosted, even indirectly, and we hope to create such an awesome BASH enabled experience in the future that we become stock GNU software - the second game every BASH user launches once he or she is done with Nethack.

Until then, we thank you for your consideration and hope you will live long and prosper. If you feel like taking a break, check out our game "Back in a Minute" @ http://sigg3.net/biamin that is currently hosted @ https://github.com/sigg3/biamin

Any feedback and bug reports are appreciated. Thanks for playing!

Yours humbly,
Sigbjørn "Sigge" Smelror, on behalf of the Honorable Goblin Slayer ser Konstantin Shakhnov & the entire Biamin project crew &c.