[Savannah-register-public] [task #13355] Submission of bigfoot bundle fo

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13355] Submission of bigfoot bundle for advanced footnotes in LaTeX
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 03:26:12 +0000

Hello Assaf,

bigfoot.ins is indeed autogenerated from bigfoot.dtx.  Out of laziness
I pointed to the tarball (actually the zip file) of the CTAN archive
(Comprehensive TeX Archive Network) which is generated by the CTAN
maintainers.  bigfoot.ins will not get checked into the Git archive.  There is
sort of a hen-and-egg problem for generating it since it governs the
extraction of all other autogenerated files (and then puts the proper license
notice in) with the docstrip utility.  I'll provide a Makefile that
"hand-extracts" a differently named file not put into the Savannah
distribution tarball, and that will then extract the regularly named and
distributed bigfoot.ins with a proper license header.

When using the Savannah tarball, this bootstrapped file with the incompatible
license notice will not be in the tarball, but it will be generated when using
the distributed Makefile.  Any tarball generated by the Makefile will not
include it.

I don't think this should pose a problem.

I am still in the process of consolidating the repository, reconstructing
several source files where I lost some history in a head crash, by merging the
last available source versions with up-to-date stripped versions distributed
to a customer.  So I am not going to upload immediately.  I was not expecting
approval within hours and wanted to have a place to  upload to when finished
with the repo.

Thanks!