[Savannah-register-public] [task #13348] Submission of Sonata

From: Jonathan Ballet
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13348] Submission of Sonata
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 21:14:09 +0000

Hello Assaf,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the troubles.

I'd be happy to update the project so it get approved on Savannah. I have some
questions though, and I'd like to know if you could give me more information
on how to proceed.

1. I was pretty sure I selected GPLv3, that's a mistake on my side.
GPLv3-or-later is the right license. (I updated the files to reflect this.)

2. The other dependencies are as follow:

tagpy, MIT, http://git.tiker.net/?p=tagpy.git
dbus-python, MIT, http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus-python/

MPD is not really a dependency in itself, since it's the server Sonata
connects to. (In case, it's GPLv2 at
http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/master/mpd.git/ )

3. I updated the files to add the copyright and the license information in the
header of the files.
Only one file is lacking suck info, sonata/audioscrobbler.py which have been
imported several years ago. It seems the original author now hosts the file at
https://github.com/offmessage/pyscrobbler/ and has a "Add license" note since
about 5 years
(https://github.com/offmessage/pyscrobbler/commit/f039e77d012e6f0007178651886bf70f43c5f372
). He also knows that Sonata is using a copy of his file since at least 2
years (https://github.com/offmessage/pyscrobbler/issues/5) and hasn't
formulated any comment about the license. I just contacted him to know more
about the license, but I'm not sure if I'll get an answer. In the meanwhile, I
let the file as it.

I hope I answered the point you mentioned above and that we can move forward
to host Sonata on Savannah.

Thanks again for your effort,

 Jonathan