[Savannah-register-public] [task #13326] Submission of Modula-2 Compiler

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13326] Submission of Modula-2 Compiler and Translator
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 22:54:48 +0000

hi again. i agree, all references are to "COPYING", and thankfully GPLv1
includes the sentence:

  If the Program does not specify a version number of the license,
  you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.

Thus I am inclined to interpret this in our favor -- and surely as the author
would wish. and should have done in the first place -- as meaning it can be
distributed under any GPL version.

Therefore I approved it, and changed the license to GPLv2+ (rms does not want
GPLv1 to persist).  Please update COPYING to the gplv2 text and normalize the
copyright notices.

I will attach the GPLv1 text found in the tarball, for the record.

Thanks,
Karl

(file #32150)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: COPYING                        Size:12 KB