[Savannah-register-public] [task #13323] Submission of InklingReader

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13323] Submission of InklingReader
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:57:24 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => agn

Hello Roel,

Thank you for submitting a new project for hosting on GNU Savannah.

First,
Here are few minor items that would need to changed in order to comply with
the GNU Savannah hosting requirements:
( see
  https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php
  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly/ )

-1-
Two C source-code files are missing license and copyright information:
  src/converters/pdf.c
  src/converters/png.c

-2-
Two build-related files are missing license and copyright information. For
those you can either use GPL or the GNU Permissive license (
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Other-Files.html
)
  Makefile.am
  configure.ac

-3-
I assume you created the image files in the 'res' directory - please add
copyright and license in the file (if possible, for example in the SVG file),
or otherwise mention them in the README file.

Second,
You've listed your submission as "Official GNU Software" - was that
intentional?
Official GNU Software goes through a different evaluation process, as
explained here:
   http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html

You can certainly host a Free-Software project on GNU Savannah without it
being an official GNU package (Note that Inkscape itself is Free-Software
released under GPL but it is not an official GNU project).

Third,
I found one python script in your package which is licensed as
GPLv2-or-later.
It is fine to combine it with code under GPLv3-or-later.

Please, let us know when these issues are amended and we could continue with
the
evaluation.

Regards,
 - Assaf