[Savannah-register-public] [task #13308] Submission of SlashNerd

From: taj
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13308] Submission of SlashNerd
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:16:54 +0000

The largest issue in the previous list is issue #4.

slash and slashcode packages were both released as GPL. Slash (a Perl
distribution) was in the same tarball as slashcode.

It was too cumbersome (high debug times, and new management style) to manage
.pm files w/ Autotools. Most people expect Perl module distributions to come
from CPAN or in a distribution talball (i.e, Makefile.PL).

I used GNU Autotools to install the slashcode stuff. In short, I split
slashcode package into two packages: Slash-* for the Perl module distribution,
and slashcode-* for all other files that are not Perl module files (such as
SQL schema files, Perl CGI programs, documentation, and typical package
stuff).