[Savannah-register-public] [task #13010] Submission of Cameron Palmer

From: Cameron Palmer
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13010] Submission of Cameron Palmer
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:14:55 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11252> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11252>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Cameron Palmer*
* System Name:  *cdpalmer*
* Type: non-GNU software and documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later

----

This project is a bioinformatics library for in-RAM compression of
probabilistic genotypes.  Increasing numbers of application need to store
billions of floating precision values in RAM simultaneously for combinatorial
statistics.  Standard storage methods are not compatible with reasonable RAM
restrictions on most computers.  This library adapts the DEFLATE algorithm to
operate on probabilities with fixed precision, rather than ASCII characters.
Pattern matching is implemented with a custom suffix tree algorithm with lazy
updating for a sliding window search region.  It provides OO access to stored
probabilities suitable for bioinformatics applications.  The project is
implemented in C++ (with limited, wrapped traditional C).

==== Other Software Required: ====
Optional dependency on zlib: http://www.zlib.net.  License is apparently
custom to project, though compatible with GPL.  Otherwise, the project
exclusively uses GCC/std namespace.

==== Other Comments: ====
This is a candidate initial release for the library.  We're looking to post
this library here so others can come into the project and help, as we publish
the contents of the library in our field.  As this is my first project here, I
apologize for any problems with the distribution.  Any feedback you can
provide, whether or not the project is approved, would be much appreciated.

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/genezip-1.0.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?13010>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/