[Savannah-register-public] [task #12728] Submission of Whonix

From: Joan Lledó
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12728] Submission of Whonix
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:34:48 +0000

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While doing
so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

The package you have attached contains many files without license header. Not
only the scripts, as you have mentioned, but documentation files, such
README.mediawiki, adrelanos.mediawiki, the manpages, the makefiles... The rule
is that every file with more than 10 lines is considered non-trivial and must
include the license notice.

Moreover, you have not included a COPYING file whit the full text of the GPLv3
license, please, add it.

If you want to keep your files size as small as possible, you can add only a
few lines containing the copyright holder and a little text referring to the
COPYING file, as in this example:

# This file is part of <PROJECT_NAME>
# Copyright © <YEARS> <COPYRIGHT_HOLDER>
# See the file COPYING for copying conditions.

For more information, please, check this document:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

Regards.

  Missatge enviat a través de/per Savannah