[Savannah-register-public] [task #12315] Submission of GNU Code

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12315] Submission of GNU Code
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:50:42 +0000

Hi Jacob - thanks much for the submission.  However, if you want it to be an
official GNU package, as the fields+name indicate, please see
http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html, there's a separate process from
savannah for that.  If you don't want it to be looked at for GNU (at least for
now), we (savannah folk) can evaluate it for nongnu ... if the project name is
changed.

Anyway, aside from that administrivia, it certainly sounds like an interesting
idea.  What rms will think about it (he makes the final decision on things
being added to GNU), I couldn't begin to guess, though.

Thanks for your careful approach to the licensing.  I didn't actually look at
the tarball yet, but even just from your description it sounds way better than
average :).

Best,
address@hidden