[Savannah-register-public] [task #12068] Submission of mawk

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12068] Submission of mawk
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 20:38:45 +0000

Hi again,

I discussed the matter with Karl Berry on the mailing list [0].

Adding the "or any later version" wording is not possible. I proposed we make
an exception to the rule, so that your GPL v2 only project would be accepted,
but this is unfeasible, since RMS would have to acknowledge it (which is
unlikely) and other projects licensed under GPL v3+ would not be able to use
your code.

This means, Mawk would have to be changed to "GPL v2 or later" in order to be
accepted. If you are willing to undertake this change, I'll leave this task
open for undetermined time.

What do you think about this proposal?

Best regards,
Aljosha