[Savannah-register-public] [task #12068] Submission of mawk

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12068] Submission of mawk
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:14:59 +0000

Hi Thomas,

I can assure you, I read your other message before writing my last message. I
do not want you to change the license of mawk. Maybe I appeard to you like
that. But it's the opposite, you can choose whatever license there is in the
list (and GPL v2 is in there). Also, the recommendation with the permissive
license was just that: a recommendation (and I only recommended that for
auxiliary files, like README). You don't have to follow my recommendations.
All what's needed is that all copyrightable files include a copyright notice
and a license header, a GPL one is of course right.

Additionally however, for projects on Savannah licensed under the GPL family
of licenses it is a requirement that they include the wording "or (at your
option) any later version" in the license headers. And this is the main
problem right now. I'm asking right now on the address@hidden
mailing list, if it's possible that you can add this, despite not being the
only copyright owner. This does not affect that you release Mawk under GNU GPL
v2, you will still distribute it under these terms.

I hope that I didn't annoy you or something and that we can continue
evaluating your project for approval. The requirements might be tight, but
this way we are avoiding potential legal issues. It's for your and our best.

Best regards.

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah