[Savannah-register-public] [task #12060] Submission of FreeJet Airline M

From: Carlos Bermudez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12060] Submission of FreeJet Airline Management System
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 13:06:34 +0000

Dear Aljosha,

First of all, thank you very much for answering so quickly.

Regarding to the source code URL, I have not included any URL simply because
we have no source code. This MSc subject is about Free Software Engineering,
and is mainly focused on engineering rather than developing. Therefore, we
have UML diagrams, community studies, cost studies and so on, but nothing to
do with code.

As regards to the open source issue, I used this terminology, since I have
studied both movements and we know the details of them. Students are
encouraged to focus from the FSF point of view, but sometimes (mostly when a
company is behind certain software) open source is an alternative. This is
similar case as this case study project, where a fictitious airline gives its
software to the community.

Hopefully you will understand our point of view, and help me to achieve my
purpose.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Carlos