Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] project app

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] project approval
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:55:45 GMT

    it's the FSF (i.e. Karl Berry)

Just for clarification, I'm a GNU volunteer (just like everyone else
here), not an FSF employee, and in any case Savannah has always had
great independence of decisions.  Nor am I the final arbiter of anything :).

    > But after Mario Castelan Castro I am not sure where I can host these
    > extensions :)

How about one of the other free-software-supporting hosting sites,
gna.org or puszcza.gnu.org.ua?  I think your extension for Emacs on
Windows could find a comfortable home at one or the other.

    I await for Karl to make an authoritative final decision.

As I say above, it's not up to me to make final decisions -- I think we
should try to reach a consensus.  (Before changing guidelines, we should
at least hear from Michael and Jim, who have done much more than me with
savannah internals.)  My personal view at the moment is that I'm still
having trouble with the idea of hosting Windows-only software on
Savannah.

Thanks,
Karl