[Savannah-register-public] [task #10864] Submission of Braintacle

From: Holger Schletz
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10864] Submission of Braintacle
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:59:53 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10707> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10707>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Braintacle*
* System Name:  *braintacle*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v2 or later

----

Braintacle is an alternative administration console for OCS Inventory NG,
written in PHP.

It has a simplified user interface with full gettext-based localization and
supports databases other than MySQL. It offers some unique features like
filtered software view, the ability to update packages and on-the-fly ZIP
compression.

All objects are accessed through a documented API which can be used in other
PHP applications as well. A sample application - a command line package
builder - is included.

==== Other Software Required: ====
- PHP 5.2.4 and later (http://php.net/)
- Any webserver capable of executing PHP scripts
- Zend Framework (http://framework.zend.com/) New BSD License:
http://framework.zend.com/license
- PEAR (http://pear.php.net) New BSD License:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php
- OCS Inventory NG (http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/), GPLv2:
http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php?page=license
- Any Database supported by Zend Framework, like MySQL or PostgreSQL

==== Other Comments: ====
- A heavily patched version of OCS inventory NG is included in the
ocsinventory directory. Upstream files don't contain the recommended copyright
notices consistently, and I have not added or changed any copyright
information. I have no idea how to handle this properly - If this is not OK,
could you please give me a hint how to do that? I'm not the original author or
otherwise associated with the OCS development team.
- A copy of Zend Framework is included in the libraries/Zend directory. The
SVN repository will pull this in as an external.
- The library/PEAR directory contains a copy of some PEAR packages:
  - MDB2_Schema (http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2_Schema)
  - MDB2_Driver_oci8 (http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2_Driver_oci8)
  - MDB2, patched (http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2/)
  - MDB2_Driver_pgsql, patched
(http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2_Driver_pgsql)
  - MDB2_Driver_mysql, patched
(http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2_Driver_mysql).
  See the Readme.txt in the same directory for details. They have a BSD
license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php), which is
contained in the LICENSE file (which itself is taken from the MDB2 project).
Again, I have not changed the copyright notices for the patched files.
- The file application/configs/macaddresses-vendors.txt is taken from the
wireshark project (http://wireshark.org) under a different name. GPLv2 and
copyright information are contained at the top of this file.
- A public SVN repository is available at
https://herakles.fk15.tu-dortmund.de/svn/sindbad/trunk

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/braintacle.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10864>