[Savannah-register-public] [task #10631] Submission of h-source

From: Antonio
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10631] Submission of h-source
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 08:46:09 +0000

>Several files (like tables.sql or Public/Js/functions.js lack the copyright
header. They have to be unequivocally placed under the GPL using the
recommended header.

sorry, it was a matter of time.. Some files need further specifications about
copyright matters and I have to add them. Anyway, I would suggest not to
modify the headers of the files that are part of the EasyGiant framework since
they are part of a different project. The EasyGiant files are inserted in the
"Library", "Config" , "Application/Hooks", "Application/Modules" and
"Application/Strings" folders (even if the files inserted in the Application
folder could be modified by the user of the framework). Moreover, the
EasyGiant headers will change in the future since the X11 license will be
added next to the GPL license (you can find here the new headers
http://easygiant.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/easygiant/Library/ArrayExt.php?revision=80&view=markup.
This is the svn version of EasyGiant). h-source currently depends on EasyGiant
0.4.0.
I will add the right headers to all the files that are part of h-source, for
example the files inside the "Application/Controllers", "Application/Views",
"Allications/Models", "Application/Include" folders. And you are right, also
tables.sql and some javascript files need the right headers. This could
require some days.

>This is just a recommendation: you don't have a README or similar in the top
level. A new user like me would not know what to do with the project once
downloaded, and unless your audience is going to be exclusively experts in the
EasyGiant framework.

I would like to write a README.txt file as soon as possible in order to
explain how to use the software. A will try to write something during the next
days. Anyway, if you want to test the software you can open the
Config/Config.php file and set the database parameters (you can find here some
explanations http://www.easygiant.org/learn/index/7) (you have also to create
the database using the tables.sql file). You have to modify the
Application/Include/params.php file if you want that the system could send
e-mails. I know that the project is currently not well documented, I hope to
start a tutorial as soon as possible

>Finally a silly detail: in h-source-copyright.txt you refer to
COPYRIGHT.txt, but this file is not present; I assume you mean License.txt.

This is weird! Perhaps the svn checkout has forgotten some files. The file is
 here http://h-source.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/h-source/trunk/h-source/  :P

I will upload the file at sourceforge as soon as possible

thanks!

Antonio

  Messaggio inviato con/da Savannah