[Savannah-register-public] [task #10608] Submission of FDRDF

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10608] Submission of FDRDF
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:31:58 +0000

To put it short: I don't consider the modules to actually be copyrightable.
Sure, they pass the usual “10 lines or more” criterion, but there's a
catch: by design, the module should be comprised of two parts: one to
interface the tool, and the other to interface the library.  The first is, in
turn, to be comprised of the parts of the example code given in the module API
documentation (yet to be written), and I believe that, ideally, the second
should also follow the examples given in the API of the library the module
provides a wrapper for.

IOW, the source of the modules should, for but a insignificant bit, follow
the technical necessity, and not to contain any “creative”
(“copyrightable”) parts.  (Note also that the modules' sources temporarily
serve the purpose of the as of yet missing module API documentation &
examples.)

(I haven't tried to accurately measure the similarity between the particular
modules currently included, but my feeling is that there're little
“creative” difference.  Even though I've put some effort into moving the
common code into the libraries.)

But just in the case that the particular court may somehow consider the code
of the modules “copyrightable”, I've had to state that I have no interest
whatsoever in restricting its use.

PS.  I've began to move the project to Savannah.  Thanks!