[Savannah-register-public] [task #10245] Submission of Geiser

From: Jose Antonio Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10245] Submission of Geiser
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:57:51 +0000

Follow-up Comment #26, task #10245 (project administration):

> So, you mean you know very well the GNU philosphy and advices,
> but you don't follow it outside GNU?.

> Honestly, I think is a bit of hipocristy.

So you think that knowing very well GNU's philosophy and not
following or agreeing with every single bit of it is hypocrisy?
I don't. I happen to think that there's nothing wrong with
calling Geiser, which carries my copyright and of which i've
written 95% of the code, my project. That's the way i feel about
it. Pretending that i think otherwise would be dishonest.

I could nitpick at you, tear my robes, and say that using an
email from a proprietary, non-free hosting service in official
communications as a GNU maintainer does more harm than calling
Geiser "my humble attempt at bringing slime to the Scheme
world." But i wouldn't call you an hypocrite for that. I think
that your hard work as a Savannah maintainer, which i greatly
appreciate, speaks much better than all that about your
commitment to the GNU project.

Thanks.