[Savannah-register-public] [task #10237] Submission of MUNGE Uid 'N' Gid

From: Chris Dunlap
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10237] Submission of MUNGE Uid 'N' Gid Emporium
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:16:45 +0000

>From what I've read of copyright law, a single copyright notice will suffice
for works normally viewed as a whole (which is arguably the case for a
distributed tarball).  The MUNGE copyright & license is already present in all
source and related build files as well as README, COPYING, COPYING.LESSER,
etc.  But I'm unwilling to add it to a 7-line sysconfig file (after excluding
whitespace).  I'm also unwilling to add it to other text files that do not
pertain to licensing (e.g., README.AIX, README.MULTILIB).  Senselessly adding
licensing information to "all rest plain text files" merely obscures the
actual content already present within those files.