[Savannah-register-public] [task #10086] Submission of phpDebate

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10086] Submission of phpDebate
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:36:24 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11, task #10086 (project administration):

No question that there are many pre-existing GNU packages (let alone non-GNU
packages) which don't follow the recommendations.  As far as GNU goes, we try
to get those fixed.  But those are bugs, not acceptable practices. We don't
want to compound the problem.

Part of the goal for savannah, as rms has defined it, is to implement and
require the best practices for licensing.  Thus, using recommended license
notices.

I appreciate the cluttering effect of 12 more lines in lots of small source
files.  If the source files are so small, perhaps the GPL does not really
confer much benefit.  You could have one line saying something like "This file
is public domain.  Originally written 2010, Luka M."