[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #9661] Submission of libxml-clisp

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #9661] Submission of libxml-clisp
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 08:29:18 +0200

I can only choose from a couple of license names in a drop down box.
"FreeBSD license" isn't among them.

According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses
the "typical", or general, GPL-compatible BSD license has three major
clauses. The license you use seems only to differ in that the third
clause is missing. So I would say "Modified BSD License" describes it
pretty well.

But if you want to stress the fact that this is actually the very same
license the FreeBSD project uses, you may want to point it out in the
description of your project, which is the first page people usually see
when they visit a project on Savannah.

It's fine that you keep the phrase. It's just that it has become rarely
used and unnecessary, but I trust the FreeBSD people to know what they
are doing ;)

Regards
Sebastian