[Savannah-register-public] [task #8573] Submission of Classnet

From: John Slayton
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8573] Submission of Classnet
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:05:09 +0000

2 Apr 09

I have been making some (slow) progress.  Perhaps it is time to revisit the
possibility of making this  a Gnu project.  I have put together an initial
attempt at proper packages, available at:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/juanslayton

These should install in the conventional manner.

There are 4 packages reflecting 4 branches of development; two using SVGA and
two using ncurses.  The 'classnet' branches accomodate 20 students and are
intended for projects involving a whole class.  the 'groupnet' branches are a
scaled-down version to accomodate small groups at a 5-student workstation
within the class.  If anyone wants to play around with the program at this
point, I recommend the groupnet versions, as they are easier to configure.

I am resubmitting a slightly revised general information form as an
attachment.

When I retired, I lost my 'lab,' so the latest programs have not had a long
term full-scale demo.  It looks like I'll be doing a long-term sub next fall;
if it materializes I hope to get my chance, using wireless keyboards at
student desks.

John

(file #17855)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: gnu_app.txt                    Size:5 KB