[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #8944] Submission of GnuPG Sharp

From: David Paleino
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #8944] Submission of GnuPG Sharp
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:10:26 +0100

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 09:40:46 +0000, Sebastian Gerhardt wrote:

> Hello,

Hello Sebastian,

> is it possible to rename this project?
> On Savannah, there are GNU and Non-GNU projects hosted and this would be a
> Non-GNU project.
>
> #Do not use "GNU" in your project name unless it has been
> #officially dubbed a GNU package.
> #See http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html for information about
> #that process; it does not happen through savannah.
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly

Sure I did read that point, and posed the same problem.
The fact is that I named the project after gnupg.

Now that I think better at it, I'd like the project name to be OpenPGPSharp,
since "OpenPGP" is the standard's name, while GnuPG is a (free) implementation
of it.

Can you rename it to OpenPGP-Sharp (unix name: openpgp-sharp), or should I
refile the registration request?

Kindly,
David

--