Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8909] Submission of Epichord

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8909] Submission of Epichord
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:55:07 -0600

    I read and understand the GPLv2. From what I know of GPL3
    (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html) it does not
    seem relevant to this project or provide any tangible advantages
    over the previous version.

Patents and compatibility, at least, are relevant to every project, I think.

FWIW, http://www.gnu.org/licenses/rms-why-gplv3.html explains in a
different way about why GPLv3 is an improvement over GPLv2.

Of course, as far as savannah hosting goes, GPLv2-or-later is fine.  The
above is just FYI.

Best,
Karl