[Savannah-register-public] [task #8917] Submission of Freedoom

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8917] Submission of Freedoom
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 04:28:58 +0000

Yes, I think you guys are right about the Modified BSD license. I
misinterpreted what they meant by removal of the advertising clause.

I did find such a 4-clause license in lumps/genmidi/oplvar.h

If the Modified BSD licensed projects files like the scripts do not need a
copyright notice and the license notice included, I guess it would be alright.
I am on the assumption of the contrary; the copyright and license notice rule
still applies with a Modified BSD license.

The only file that has the full license notice and the copyright notice
pertaining to the project itself was in

lumps/genmidi/genmidi-gen.c

There is also some files from the PlayPal? project that claims GPL and its
folder has an older version of the GPL. That's fine I guess.

I am not sure why Simon Howard placed a comment "Consider this GPL'd".
Probably a joke. wadinfo-builder.pl

They have a CREDITS file which lists the contributors and a general thing
that they have done. There are also status files but those seem to be mostly
for their goals and not dating a copyright.

I believe all the other things are okay. Free Software ethic instead of Open
Source. There is a mention of linux instead of GNU/Linux in
./levels/oblivion/map31.txt . I believe he is correct about the dependencies,
I took a look at the webpage but did not d/l the their licenses. I don't know
what a Pbmplus license is.