[Savannah-register-public] [task #8917] Submission of Freedoom

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8917] Submission of Freedoom
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:42:59 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => nicalvaro

I believe that we cannot accept this project because it contains a
restrictive clause that is incompatible with the GPL.

Below is the clause I see in your modified BSD license.

  * Neither the name of the freedoom project nor the names of its
    contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
    from this software without specific prior written permission.

See the Various Licenses article below:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ModifiedBSD