[Savannah-register-public] [task #8806] Submission of PHP Binding for SD

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8806] Submission of PHP Binding for SDL
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:54:16 +0000

> i'm rewriting the extension from zero.
That's great! I got a little confused with the description of rewriting
another project. The php-sdl project has no code. I had mistaken that project
for another. Please provide additional information about what your project is
for and what you hope to accomplish with it.

> i've also to use some license.
> 1) first of all, if i use only the api (the calls) to a LGPL library, i've
to use LGPL also for my project (for SDL that is LGPL)

I believe it is legal to copy and to use API calls to this program from a GPL
licensed program as those licenses are compatible with each other.

> 2) idem for php (PHP License).

Provide a link to this project. Is this a dependency or are you copying from
this project? The PHP license is incompatible to the GPL, according to gnu.org
[0], so you should not copy between the projects.

0. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

> 3) i want to maintain all my code into GPL(2).

The tarball must contain a copy of the GPL license. You say you want to use
GPL(2). The old version of this license can be found here [1]. You may want to
consider using the GPL v3 [2].

1. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt
2. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

Place your copyright and license notice in all non-trivial files and files
longer than 10 lines. You may want to consult the guide for License notices
[3]. Be aware that this guide explains using a license notice for the GPL v3
and not GPL v2. Switch the 3 for a 2.

3.
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Code.html#License-Notices-for-Code

My apologies for any confusion I may have caused and thank you for
considering Savannah.