[Savannah-register-public] [task #8575] Submission of PyHurd

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8575] Submission of PyHurd
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:24:54 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9964> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9964>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *PyHurd*
* System Name:  *pyhurd*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v2 or later (We are currently deciding
if we want to use "any GPL", "GPLv2 or later" like (at the moment) the rest of
the Hurd or GPLv3 or later. )

----

Pythonish GNU/Hurd

PyHurd is an attempt to create full Python binding to the GNU/Hurd API. It
will include bindings to various GNU/Hurd libraries and will have ability to
create translators with Python.

It is written in Python and Pyrex and requires Cython.

The code is available in the PyThon Package Index:
- http://pypi.python.org/pypi

and in two linked Mercurial repositories (we intend to switch to a savannah
Mercurial repository):
- http://freehg.org/u/AnatolyKazantsev/pyhurd/
- http://freehg.org/u/ArneBab/pyhurd

==== Other Software Required: ====
Cython / Pyrex: PSF 2.4 -
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/

GNU/Hurd: GPLv2 or later - http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/

==== Other Comments: ====
"I read carefully and don't check this one" - nice idea! :)

>From the _next version_ on the tarballs will include both gpl-2.0 and gpl-3.0
(as currently we only specify "it's GPL"), until we decide on the version
(will be either 2.0 or later like the rest of the Hurd or 3.0). I already
modified the tarball creation code in my repository
(http://freehg.org/u/ArneBab/pyhurd).

Thank you for your work!

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/P/PyHurd/PyHurd-0.0.0a3.tar.gz#md5=340af5c86cad84f650c9372242f9f503