[Savannah-register-public] [task #8493] Submission of ABCL patches

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8493] Submission of ABCL patches
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:43:59 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => karl

Hi Mark,

Thanks for submitting abclp to savannah, and our apologies for the delayed
reply.

Though we greatly appreciate your support for free software and GNU, it
wouldn't make sense for abclp to be an official GNU package when abcl itself
is not.

In general we'd be happy to host the patches on savannah as a "nongnu"
project, but there's a bigger problem: The ABCL web page talks entirely about
the (nonfree) Sun Java releases, as far as I could see.  Unless and until it
works with the (free) openjdk / icedtea, we cannot support it.  I hope you can
pursue that ...

Thanks again for writing,
address@hidden