[Savannah-register-public] Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of th

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of the skies
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 23:42:23 +0200

Hi Sylvain,

I've checked the dependencies for this project--they all seem to be
compatible with GNU GPLv2 and with each other.

The package contains over a hundred of media files (artwork and music)
totaling 19M.  I cannot seem to find anything in the Savannah FAQs on
media files licensing.  In general, I think we can point the project
author here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OtherLicenses

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_content_licenses

Here is my follow-up for this task:

I'm reviewing your project for inclusion into Savannah.

While doing so, I've discovered a few problems:

1. FSF address has changed and now is "51 Franklin Street, Fifth
Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA".  Please update your COPYING files
as well as license headers.

The updated version of GNU GPLv2 can be found here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt

2. The file ./paulo3d/src/scriptable.cpp is missing copyright and
license headers.  Please add them as appropriate.

3. Files ./src/player.cpp, ./src/bot.cpp have a few words garbled in
the license header, most probably due to some search/replace in the
whole file. ;-)

4. I've noticed that you distribute .lib files as well as headers for
your project's dependencies.  However, I'm unable to configure or
compile the project on my Debian GNU/Linux box.

I can guess from the package that you develop the project primarily on
Windows.  We insist that project should run and compile in a free
environment.  Being able to compile it with a conveinent "./configure;
make" command would be very helpful, so please remove any stale files
left from previous builds.

If you are willing to make these change please provide us with an
updated source package.  You may create a patch against the package
you already provided, or simply create a new one without the media
files (for smaller package size).  You may attach the new package to
this tracker if it fits in 512KB.

--
Cheers,
Alex