[Savannah-register-public] [task #7737] Submission of GNU Mad Checker

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7737] Submission of GNU Mad Checker
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:25:19 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => mjflick

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

It does not appear that "GNU Mad Checker" is a GNU project and if "GNU Mad
Checker" is not a GNU project, then we cannot accept its current name. Would
you like to use another name for the project--perhaps "Mad Checker?"

While there are non-GNU programs with names that include 'gnu', such as
gnuplot and gnuboy, they are not hosted on Savannah.
We want to maintain the distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects.

When your project is accepted into the GNU project you may change its name.
You can do this by asking us.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface by following the link below. Do not reply directly; the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such