[Savannah-register-public] [task #7406] Submission of Danish language pa

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7406] Submission of Danish language package for phpBB 3.0.x
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:02:27 +0000

> The language package is not a part of phpBB Group's phpBB 3.0, and will
never be, based on phpBB Groups decisions. It's a totally separate GPL
project.

OK.

> The choise of License must basicly be the author's, and it is nowhere on
the Savannah site mentioned that "or later" is required for validation and
registration.

In our list of licenses, at project registration, we do not provide "GPLv2
only".

There's also a link to our FAQ in the registration process:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ProjectApproval
which leads to:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/GnuGplTwoOrLater

The choice is the author's indeed, and it's also Savannah's choice not to
host GPLv2-only projects.

> You have already approved a totally similar French language package for
phpBB 3.0 as a Savannah project.

That's a mistake, we'll have a word with them.
Thanks for reporting.