[Savannah-register-public] [task #7015] Submission of Enhanced Brill's P

From: Golam Mortuza Hossain
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7015] Submission of Enhanced Brill's Parts-of-Speech Tagger
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:32:10 +0000

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am no legal expert and
didn't know how to answer your question. So I thought
it may be a good idea to go for an example.

After some hectic Googling, finally I found W3C SOFTWARE NOTICE AND LICENSE
of World Wide Web Consortium, (Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique, Keio
University).

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720

This has same wordings as the license of Brill's Tagger,
including the sentence "Title to copyright in this software..."

Importantly, the page clearly says ...

   "This formulation of W3C's notice and license became active on August 14
1998 so as to improve compatibility with GPL. This version ensures that W3C
software licensing terms are no more restrictive than GPL and consequently
W3C software may be distributed in GPL packages."

Now if you agree with this then I will change the current
mixed-up license of GPoSTTL to entirely GPL.

Thanks,
Golam