[Savannah-register-public] [task #6402] Submission of Extensible Data St

From: Dan Kruchinin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6402] Submission of Extensible Data Structures Library
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:18:29 +0000

Hi.

> Please, note that the address of the FSF has changed, and is now:

> 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA

> Please update your license notices and your file's headers.

> Please update the copy of the license (usually, the 'COPYING'          >
file) in your package as well.

> Updated versions of the GPL, LGPL and GFDL can also be found at:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.tx...
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt

Ok, thanks for remark.

> Unfortunatly, Graphviz sowtware is released under the Common
> Public License Version 1.0, which is incompatible with the GNU > GPL.

Hm, sorry, I thought that lgpl allows dynamic linking with cpl libraries.

> Is Graphviz mandatory to your project ??

nope, I planned to use it for displaying different data structures in
research purpose.

> Could you give more information about this ??

Really, I planned use graphviz library in my _optional_ gui tool, that
displays any libeds data structure. It may be helpful to end users to
research, for exaple, what kind of tree is better for some aim, what kind is
most balanced in some situation. Moreover, if user implements some new kind
of for example tree, he can use this gui to view how good or bad it
balanced.

So, it's optional part just for research and testing.

Thanks.