[Savannah-register-public] [task #6535] Submission of Public Event Manag

From: Igor Zubiaurre
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6535] Submission of Public Event Manager System
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:42:50 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9122> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9122>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Public Event Manager System*
* System Name:  *pems*
* Type: Official GNU software
* License: GNU General Public License V2 or later

----

Project unix name (suggested): GEMS (or G-PEMS)
Full Project name (suggested): GNU (Public) Event Management System
Project type: Software
SW License: GPL for the modules created within the project (version to be
discussed among team members). Some modules with other GPL-compatible
licenses might be used and/or modified.

The project aims to develop a free software application to help organisations
organise and manage public events.

== Conceptual model ==

It should someday cover following top level functionalities:

* Several resources repositories:
  - speeches
  - speakers
  - sites (auditoriums)
* Event organisation information
* Financing & Sponsor management
* Marketing management
* Event/speeches requests
* Integration with other compatible event-management and/or event tracking
systems

== Physical Model ==

The system would need
- an underlying database
- a functional system to manage workflows, alerts, etc
- several front ends for different pourposes

There's no source code yet. Not even a programmer. The intention is to start
the project writing high level conceptual and technical specifications
(vision, stakeholders and needs, functional requirements, system
requirements, use case descriptions, ...) while gathering help to create the
software itself. Then create ASAP a tiny basic core-functional version and
then extend it according to a roadman.

In order to apply the unix-like philosophy of strong modularity based on
small versatile modules, some modules might spin-off as separate projects if
found reusable for other pourposes.

==== Other Software Required: ====
The physical model is not yet developed and might depend on the team members'
taste. I'd like the system to remain as standard as possible to avoid strong
dependencies, which, by the way, I don't except in such a classic management
software (no strage cutting edge artifacts needed, its added value relies in
top level functional aspects, not it low level technical ones). If
unavoidable, it should at least be from a free software.

The underlying database, for example, should just be SQL compliant (maybe not
necessarily 100%, but best if so).

==== Other Comments: ====
I've searched for such an application and found nothing, but maybe they
passed unseen to me. If so, please, let me know and I'll check them first to
see if they fit my plans and I can avoid a duplicated effort.