[Savannah-register-public] [task #6014] Submission of CarrotQ

From: Jeremiah Foster
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6014] Submission of CarrotQ
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:38:06 +0000

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for your email. Here is my technical description of the software I
hope to host on Savannah.

The software, wholly authored by myself, is written in perl designed to be
run on a GNU/Linux (or similar) computer. I am using perl version 5.8.8 with
additional modules from the CPAN perl repository, specifically the Templating
Toolkit and Perl::Ajax.

The software is designed to run on a GNU/Linux platform or similar and
requires a Linux kernel and GNU utilities, including the GNU compiler (gcc)
and make. To the best of my knowledge other compilers that can compile perl
are usable.

The software also uses a database; MySQL. The version of mysql I am using is
Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.24a and uses the readline GNU tool. Nearly any version
of mysql could be used currently but I plan to take advantage of
functionality in newer versions of mysql so a recent version of mysql may be
required in the future. The perl software incorporates Structured Query
Language (SQL) in the source code of the program.

The program is designed to be presented in a web browser to display its
output. For this the standard TCP/IP stack is a required element in the
system that the software runs on. Any software that can interpret HTML should
be able to understand the output of the program, in other words, it is
intended to be "standards compliant." No specific web browsing software will
be required in any version of the software.

Overall, for the software to run, it requires a significant set of tools
normally found on a "standard" GNU/Linux distribution. To view the programs
output requires a web browser and a network connection.

Please find the source code in its current release form here:
http://jeremiahfoster.com/carrot/  as a set of text files.

Best regards,

    Jeremiah Foster