[Savannah-register-public] [task #5984] Submission of gtkommander

From: Stephan Peijnik
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5984] Submission of gtkommander
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:25:53 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => sp

Hi Carlos,

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I've noticed a few problems which are described below.

First of all, please note that this is not the GNU Evaluation. This is the
Savannah evaluation, to check whether your project complies with the Savannah
hosting rules (a subset of the GNU Evaluation policies), and get a place to
host your project. If you are approved at Savannah and want to be part of
GNU, then we usually approve your project as non-GNU and forward your
submission to the GNU Eval team.

If you do not want to host your project here, but want to have your project
evaluated by the GNU Eval team, then you only need to write to
address@hidden

Can you clarify this point?

Secondly, we wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional,
to catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GNU GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning
of every  copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines long.  This
is explained in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would
help catch potential omissions such as these.

In short this means that we cannot approve a project without any source-code
available. I would suggest you start writing the code and then re-submit an
application for approval here.
Please let me know if that's okay with you.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such