[Savannah-register-public] [task #6016] Submission of Lemming

From: Marcus Husar
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6016] Submission of Lemming
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:39:18 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

== REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION ==

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=8861>

== REGISTRATION DETAILS ==

Full Name:
----------
  *Lemming*

System Group Name:
-----------------
  *lemming*

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software &amp; documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  The name of the project is 'Lemming' - Lemma Inventory Generator. It's
a rule-based lemmatiser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmatisation)
written in Java. At the moment we develop it to generate alternative
forms of lemmata in ancient french. But it can be used to lemmatise
words in any language.

You can find our actual code here:
http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de/~husar/lemming/

or rather here:
http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de/~husar/lemming.tar.gz

How does it work? We parse a XML file containing rules that say how to
transform a single character or multiple characters. Then a lemma is
entered to generate a lot of variations of this lemma. These
variations are matched against known lemmata to prove their
correctness.

For now we have implemented the generation of the variants of a
lemma. To come next we need a way to save known lemmata. To achieve
that we will implement an elementary database or the like. Then we
will develop the functionality mentioned above. Finally a graphical
user interface is built.

Thanks for your efforts.

Yours sincerely,
Marcus Husar

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  The dependencies are:
- GCJ (http://gcc.gnu.org/java/)
- GNU Classpath (http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/)
- and their dependencies

Later we will use Swing, too. But that is no problem with GNU Classpath.

Optionally ant (http://ant.apache.org/) or find can be used to compile the
programme. But they are not essential. Gij is used for running the programme
as bytecode.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6016>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/