[Savannah-register-public] [task #5863] Submission of secure democracy

From: Jos H. Boersema
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5863] Submission of secure democracy
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:07:18 +0000

Hello Stephan Peijnik,

I'll work through your points:

1. Huge delay.
   Don't worry, I am not in any rush.

2. Project sites on sourceforge.net and savannah.
   I don't want to have the project on both sites. Currently
   the project is only maintained on my local machine, and has
   2 web mirrors.  One of those is on sourceforge, the other
   on my homepage. There is no real "project site", where
   multiple developers upload changes.  If sede is admitted to
   GNU/savannah, the "project site" where changes are uploaded
   into CVS (etc), would become the GNU/savannah location.
   The site on sourceforge.net would remain a web-mirror, what
   it is now.  The main site would be GNU/savannah (GNU.FREE
   seems to do something similar, BTW). Normally I wouldn't
   care to have multiple sites, but voters may be sensitive
   for one or the other (in terms of "where to download"). GNU
   is very political, some voters may prefer sourceforge to
   download a package, and point voters to. This is a reason
   to at least keep a complete web-mirror on sourceforge.

3. How do I plan to use the savannah account.
   I plan to use it for general maintenance, lists, I can
   initialize a CVS tree on GNU/savannah (have this local
   now), communicate with people interested in working on sede
   (if any, currently none).  I should perhaps note that sede
   is not community oriented development, but work oriented
   (donate results). But this may be a result of there only
   being one developer.

4. Would you agree to "version 2 or later"
   Yes. I was already thinking about doing this anyway. I've
   only ever seen version 2, but seeing version 3
   gives me enough confidence to trust the process
   (take the risk). Considder it done, even if sede is
   rejected. Besides, there is only one copyright-holder (me),
   so this is easy. To go further, I was thinking about making
   the FSF a co copyright-holder, if possible. Then the FSF
   and I could both release it under any copyright ? Is this
   possible ?

5. Please make changes, for new review...
   I will make the changes (version 2 or later), and put a
   comment here when done ...

best regards,
Jos Boersema