[Savannah-register-public] [task #5854] Submission of Ax Chess

From: Stephan Peijnik
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5854] Submission of Ax Chess
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:39:08 +0200

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
evaluating your submission I've noticed a few problems. These problems are
described below.

First of all, in order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GNU GPL, please place copyright notices *and* permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any file
more than 10 lines long.

In addition, your projects lacks a COPYING file and copying~ seems to be
empty. So please include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL,
available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named
"COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

Copyright notices are missing in all of your files, so please check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information on adding copyright notices.

The license header in board.cpp looks fine though. Please add such a headers
plus the above mentioned copyright notices to all other files as well.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn why a
copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for example,
see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Secondly, the license does not contain the last section, titled "How to
Apply
These Terms to Your New Programs".

Please use a complete verbatim copy of the license, which may be found at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt.
The license must be copied verbatim and in its entirety.
However, there is no need for having the license file twice in your project,
so you may well remove the current license file and replace the copying file
with a fresh copy from the source mentioned above.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such