[Savannah-register-public] [task #5760] Submission of Skribilo

From: Ludovic Courtes
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5760] Submission of Skribilo
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:08:30 +0000

Sorry for not answering earlier, I was away from keyboard.

* GPL Headers and `COPYING' File

The `COPYING' file is present and does contain a copy of the GPL.  Also,
AFAIK, all source files (under the `src' directory) do contain a GPL header.
If you found files that don't, can you please point me to them?

* Documentation Licence

The documentation is currently almost unchanged from that of Skribe (on which
Skribilo is based).  It turns out that the documentation is licence-less in
the Skribe package.  More precisely, documentation files did not contain any
header and there was no file indicating a particular licence.  Since the
whole Skribe package is distributed under the GPL, I'd assume that the
documentation falls under that licence too.

If I were to choose a licence for the doc, I'd choose GPL anyway because
there is no clear distinction between documentation and code, especially in
this package.  What do you think?

* GIF Images

The footnote at http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html specifies that the
patent has now expired roughly everywhere, making GIF an acceptable format
for Free Software.  Anyway, since I'm not too keen on keeping images in that
format, I can convert them, of course.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

  Message posté via/par Savannah