[Savannah-register-public] [task #5614] Submission of A fully-configurab

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5614] Submission of A fully-configurable Radio-Phonepatch fo
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:49:34 +0000

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. Your
project has a few non-trivial issues which means that it cannot be approved
yet.

As part of our submission review, we check that dependencies are compatible
with the GNU GPL.

Asterisk depends on GNU GPL-incompatible components through a complex set of
exceptions. Linking with asterisk, which has these exceptions mean that your
submission cannot also link with plain-GPL programs.

Further information can be found on this issue at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation

It is not clear how your submission uses asterisk. Does it link to a library
part of asterisk for instance? Please provide us with more information about
this.

Additionally, in order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GNU GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any file
more than 10 lines long.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary files), then you
can add a README file in the same directory containing the copyright and
license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn why a
copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for example,
see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Please make sure all your source files have copyright notices, and that there
are README files for your binary files.

Finally, we only accept GFDL compatible licenses for documention. Would you
be prepared to license your documentation under the GNU FDL?

In order to release your project documentation properly and unambiguously
under the GFDL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements after the title page of each work.

In addition, if you haven't already, please add a copy of the FDL (available
from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html in various formats) as a section of
your works.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html also covers additional points,
including a smaller notice that you can use in auxiliary files.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such