[Savannah-register-public] [task #5298] Submission of FTH Forth Scriptin

From: Michael Scholz
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5298] Submission of FTH Forth Scripting
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:19:09 +0200

Hi, Sebastian!

> How do you plan to use your Savannah account?

My aim was to develope and distribute Fth via Savannah.  Though, my
original idea was to bring it up as a GNU project.  But there may be
too much handicaps.  One of those seems to me the little audience
which Fth is for.  The programming language Forth is not popular and
there exists still the Gforth project on the GNU servers.  So I
decided to bring it up at least as a normal free program (under the
GPL).  I knew that GNU wants to have a look at the source code!  But
perhaps a programmer should have the possibility to provide the full
source code via easy channels to Savannah.

Well, I was a bit under pressure.  Fth should be used as an extension
language on a sound program and the deadline for the next version
release for the sound program was near.  So I decided to try it on SF
too.  A few hours later I had hosted the whole stuff, CVS and tar
files, on SF.

What's next: Would it be posssible to bring it up to a GNU Fth
project?  If so, I would be happy to go through the GNU project
registration.  As long as it's not approved, I would leave the sources
on SF and after approving Fth as a GNU project, I will cancel the Fth
project on SF immediately.  Would that be okay?  What do you say about
the chances for a GNU Fth?  If you have other proposals, please let me
know.

Mike

PS: Sorry for the bad English.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5298>