[Savannah-register-public] [task #5208] Submission of Cashews Tools

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5208] Submission of Cashews Tools
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:27:49 +0000

Okay, I'll try and clarify things a bit, as I seem to have left things a bit
unclear.

The new project should contain the code in the CVS of the current project
with the exception of the contents of cashews/src/nongnu/cashews/eclipse.
This directory contains an Eclipse editor plugin (or the beginnings of) which
originally meant that the project needed to be dual-licensed (as GPL code
can't be linked with Eclipse).

The original work was completed as part of an academic project, which is now
over (as of last June to be exact).  However, we would hope to be able to
maintain the more successful parts of this for future development.

Thus, if possible, I'd like:

* the cashew-s-editor project to be left as is.  Primarily, this is so it
remains representative of the results of the above-mentioned project.  It
also retains the possibility that someone may want to pick up and run with
the editor stuff at a later date.

* a new project to be created, cashews-tools (the concern of this submission)
which contains the backend material that was created as part of this project.
As author of this code, I'd like to be able to go on maintaining this as a
free project.  Hopefully, others will also be able to contribute in the
future as well.  Thus, this should contain just myself as the only member and
maintainer of the new group, and the contents of the previous repository, with
the exception of the Eclipse code referenced above.  If necessary, I can add
this to the new repository myself.

The proposal is less to do with a new venture, than with providing a more
accurate framework for future development on this part of the project.

Hope this clears things up.  To reiterate, all code in the previous project,
with the exception of cashews/src/nongnu/cashews/eclipse, should be
considered part of the new project.

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5208>