[Savannah-register-public] [task #5176] Submission of Qualification and

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5176] Submission of Qualification and Selection of Opensourc
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:07:13 +0000

Hello.

At first, I saw that you use a french license text on your website.
Please have a look at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLTranslations which says:

"This translation of the GPL is informal, and not officially approved by the
Free Software Foundation as valid.  To be completely sure of what is
permitted, refer to the original GPL (in English)."

... the same things for the GNU FDL.

At second, I found .dvi and .pdf links on your website but no link to the
source code (.tex or something like that). You must provide such resources
for your project, too.

So I list the general instructions for the GNU FDL:

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the FDL,
please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements after the
title page of each work (of your source code and the notices should be
printed out in the resulted file format [pdf] as well).

In addition, if you haven't already, please add a copy of the FDL
(available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html in various formats) as a
section of your works , and as plain text in a file named 'COPYING'
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt).

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html also covers additional points,
including a smaller notice that you can use in auxiliary files.

Since OOo file format is not plaintext you should write the notices in OOo on
your own in there, too.

Hope that helps. Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5176>