[Savannah-register-public] [task #5166] Submission of TeriBBot aka Teri'

From: C Bonini
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5166] Submission of TeriBBot aka Teri's Bash Bot
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:59:36 -0500

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8289>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  TeriBBot aka Teri's Bash Bot

System Group Name:
-----------------
  teribbot

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  TeriBBot, which stands for Teri's Bash Bot, is a IRC bot written almost
entirely in bash. This new improved bot uses bash pipes to make the
connection to irc. It uses 'standard' console tools. Those 'standard' tools
depending on your distro. It also requires pwcrypt for the encrypted password
support in the bot. The current version (as of this request) can be found at
http://www.linuxchics.org/dl/tbb/tbb-1.0.0.tar.bz2
The bot is operational, but still lacking in some of the features found in
the more popular IRC bots, but I work on the bot on a daily basis almost, so
it's features and commands change constantly. I hope to one day have it rival
bots written in what many feel are superior languages. This version of
TeriBBot was origianlly based on bashy.sh (original author Jan Schampera
<address@hidden>). I have also included the code for this bot in orig/
with permission from Jan Schampera. If needed, I have an email from Jan
stating that bashy.sh is licensed under the GPLv2. If thats not good enough,
I can also get him to contact whoever is needed. I want his code included in
my code tarball cause his code was a great help, and without it, my bot
wouldn't be what it is today.

Other Software Required:
  pwcrypt and md5sum 'should' be the only requirements outside of what a
standard minimal install of any linux distro provides.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5166>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/