[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #5030] Submission of Gnash - The GN

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #5030] Submission of Gnash - The GNU Flash player
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:09:13 -0700

Sebastian Wieseler wrote:

At first, I saw that you use Glut, a win library, right? Can you please point
me to its license? I haven't found it yet. :/

That's just in one test case, and it's been dropped already. :-) The initial snapshot has a few things in it I collected for testing how to write a plugin. Now that I have the plugin working, I don't need that extraneous stuff. The current implementation, uses SDL & OpenGL and a few X intrinsics (Xlib) calls.

At second, can you please provide us with more information about the OpenGL
issue - can you (or GLUT) use the free implementation of OpenGL, for example
'Mesa'?

I am using the Mesa implementation of OpenGL, as all my work is on a GNU/Linux system. Sorry, I was just thinking of the generic name "OpenGL", as opposed to the specific implementation. OpenGL was used in the win32 port of GameSWF, which Gnash is based on.

        - rob -