[Savannah-register-public] [task #4758] Submission of Toople

From: Egor Dmitrenkov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4758] Submission of Toople
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 10:01:02 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8037>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Toople

System Group Name:
-----------------
  toople

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  In two words this will be a Google-like Search engine. What does it mean
"Google-like"? For the first: scalability, very large scalability. Project
consists of several parts, each of them is quite independent. This means that
even if the half (or more) of the search network is down, search engine is
still working but to tell a true it becomes less functional (less keywords
avalaible, etc.). The second  is that we wish to implement some very
interesting features such as "PageRank" by Google and "Descriptive keywords
duplicates serach" by Yandex. We will add some optional features such as LAN
limits, dynamic content detection (using "shingles", partial Levenshtein
distance calculation, etc.), internetwork traffic encryption using a
SVR6(GPL) method, web-admin features and much more...
We have no Inet-Posted code yet, and our project really needs a CVS (it's
really hard to share updated sources without it). We hope you can help us.
Thanks in advance!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4758>