[Savannah-register-public] [task #4589] Submission of Open Source CAM Em

From: BveB TR
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4589] Submission of Open Source CAM Emulator
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:56:26 +0000

|Are these algorithms free available, so that everybody is allowed to have a
look at them and changed them?

Hi,
it is certain that algorithms developed for commercial purposes.I think they
aer copyrighted. Also main purpose of Emunation is emulate CAM and decrypt
pay tv. So it is completely an illegal project for Savannah.

|Then why do you choose the name "Open Source CAM Emulator"?

It is not open source yet. If I find the host I will open sources.. It "will
be" open source:)

|We only host projects that can run on a free operating system (such as
GNU/Linux).

But main purpose is to port excellent emu vdr-sc (which is under Linux also
you can obtain code from here - vdr.bluox.org/vdr-sc.htm -) to windows part
and make sources avaiable also..

|At last, if we could have a look at your source code, it would be great.
:-)

Source is same as vdr-sc some changes like on API made. Compliled with MinGW
platform. Thats all. But core part is same with vdr-sc.. Other parts not
important.

At last, I completely understood this project is not suitable for Savannah..
Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4589>