[Savannah-register-public] [task #4483] Submission of tlgu - TLG/PHI to

From: tlgu
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4483] Submission of tlgu - TLG/PHI to UTF-8 utility
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 06:11:36 +0000

Hi Sebastian,

I updated all files according to your instructions - minus the "or later"
clause.

Please take into account the following, to enable the proper use of the GNU
License clauses by future iGNUramuses:

- Regarding my lack of including the "How to Apply These Terms to Your New
Programs" part of the license it was due to the "END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS"
clause, one line above.  If your intention is to include the full text, then
you should indicate that this HOWTO is part of the license.

- Regarding my lack of including the copyright notice at the beginning of the
"source" man page as comments, it was because I don't like redundant code.

- Regarding my lack of including the "or later" clause is because I
understand "or" like in choice "one -or- the other" not as in "gold".  So
when you have "GNU General Public License V2 or later" I understand that "V2"
is ok, "later" is also ok.  "Later" is not "now", however, and I don't know
what "later" is, so I cannot consent to "later".  I can only consent to what
I can grok.  If you don't want people to use "GPL V2" please explicitly say
so.  If something looks "difficult" it is because we did not think about it
long enough or we are looking at it from the wrong angle.

I really want to contribute to this joint effort but I also hate to barge in
with my preconceptions.  Way out: you can host my project until "later"
becomes "now".  Then you can easily exclude this - or any - project.  It's
your server, after all.

Be good,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4483>